Translate

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Club Play from 3/31: Doubles Match 1

Here is some footage of a doubles match I was in this last Sunday. I'm the penholder in the white shirt.

This is my first video I've published with my new favorite setup. The Cpen, inverted/Long pip twiddle game.

After watching this video I'm realizing that I still utilize my long pips primarily in the service return game while neglecting it in some other useful ways I've found. Something to work on.

While I like having it for variety or to use against very good, spiny servers, I need to mix in and practice returning server with my inverted more often.
  1. It keeps your opponent off balance in not knowing what to expect.
  2. It keeps your return skills & push game sharp.
    (something that is easy to get lazy on if you use the long pips as a crutch too much)
I will post match 2 in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment