Translate

Friday, November 4, 2016

Update: The LP attack development game. 11/4

So recently I've been playing probably the weirdest style yet with good results. That's penhold with Long pips FH & Inverted BH. I use to play SP FH. I'm also trying to learn to drive or counter through topspin more with the LPs which is surprisingly not that far off from a controlled SP stroke. At home vs the robot, which puts a good amount of topspin & pace on the ball, it's pretty easy.

Anyways, I'm finding this style (while giving everybody fits) is more effective vs spin players who play fast. I'm hitting with my buddy at work over lunch. He's only been playing for about a year and hits significantly slower & less spin than my training partner at club. While I beat him, it's not as convincing as you'd imagine with one person having around 10 years exp vs 1. It's like this style somewhat plays to the level of your competition. Fast spiny players will struggle. Newer players won't notice as much... But you should beat newer players with experience & consistency anyways I figure.

It's those dang slower almost no-spin balls. They're simply harder to play with the LPs. I've mainly been telling myself when i hit with the new guy that if the ball becomes too slow or spinless, RPB with the inverted as either a kill shot or simply to get some more spin back in the game. It works for now but I'd like to be able to play those shots better with the LPs.

I can't figure out if I should continue to try to learn to either counter drive or swipe those into play or play the more safer push shot, which really deadens the ball.

We're hitting today again over lunch and since it is practice, I'm really going to use that time to try to attack those balls more even if it means more errors... That's what practice is for anyways right?

Be on the lookout for some of my play from club in the upcoming future.

No comments:

Post a Comment